SUNNY ROOM STUDIO
– sharing words worth remembering –
Like most writers and poets, along the way, I write, say, or think things that feel memorable, so am sharing a few of these quotes here. Otherwise, these creative moments, like fleeting words of inspiration, are, sadly, lost at sea. This list is continually evolving …
Kindred Spirit Quotes
by D.A. Hickman
If you haven’t looked within, you haven’t looked. ~ dh
- Our world will only change one person at a time, and can only occur when people are tired of suffering from old patterns, habitual ways of thinking, and the dullness of the conditioned mind.
- Meditation is about stopping the mind chatter and enjoying the peace within … there is no time, per se, but our timeless dimension (our true self) allows us to celebrate life from an eternal perspective.
- Let us travel lightly from what used to be to this moment … there is grace in letting go … there is joy in being “this” and nothing more.
- Sometimes I find silence without looking for it or planning for it. It’s really a matter of noticing it. And when I do notice silence, it’s all-encompassing. Vast. Somehow sacred.
- Life is the greatest fiction of all … we have to believe and yet not believe at the same time.
- Surrender removes all the barriers between ego and spirit. It liberates the soul, and leads to an underlying peace that is always enough — always complete.
- If you have ever nurtured and loved a child as a spiritual expression of eternal love, what a wonderful connection to experience and explore.
- Go with time as clouds go with the sky.
- Find peace in the fleeting nature of each moment.
- Once we lock down thoughts as “religion” the strife and conflict begin. I draw on many spiritual leaders, believing most of them are saying the same thing albeit in a different code.
So, yes, personalize your beliefs but don’t label it … let it become who you are instead.
- Time makes us restless when we resist its truth.
- A desire to share creative expression with others and to find peace, joy, and perspective in mining the depths of my internal world … makes me an artist.
- Seems like excessive thinking is linked to a belief in time … when we can step out of that illusion, or “step back,” there is more space for awareness and silence. Life is spiritual (inherently so), but with all of our “thinking” and racing to catch up or to get somewhere … we easily lose sight of that.
- Time lives for us, not vice versa.
- Art as creative expression is dignified by special qualities unique to the individual.
- Always consult your long-lived perceptions with an open mind.
- Be joy. Be love. And give what you are.
- Spirituality is creating a path and a practice that allows you to discover your internal light. It’s about sharing that light with others, providing comfort, inspiration, and wisdom; it’s knowing we are all more than surface impressions; it’s having faith in the human experience.
- Grief is never linear, it flows somewhere outside of time … and it knows no boundaries. Indeed, it is direct contact with the greatest unknown, and how we begin to learn who we are at our deepest level.
- A gift is anything you don’t take for granted. What does that include? Only everything. Inspired moments, daydreams, talents, breathing, time, awareness, nature, silence, intelligence, questions, listening, creating, joys, and sorrows. Life itself in all its many forms and expressions. So who among us isn’t rich in gifts?
- Grief is rough terrain, but the rewards are many. As mortals, we all share its burden and its inevitable light.
- Welcome a mere branch of silence into your day and the whole tree begins to dance.
- The beauty of our spirituality is in its mystery.
- Look life and loss square in the eye, knowing each as one, yet, simultaneously. The only way they can be fully known.
- When you are willing to experience silence … the sky opens up.
- Everything is a version of the same life force at play in the universe.
- Let the graceful willow tree guide you … bow to time and wind, absorbing the air around you with grace.
- Not taking things too seriously can be liberating and most things thrive with the light touch of understanding.
- Time is temporary. Soar beyond the external threads, the maladies of daily life.
- Truly, loss is everywhere. Yet, each loss is unique … the history involved, the impact, the changes that follow.
- Writers sometimes get bogged down in publishing, but writing is about putting a memorable piece of ourselves on paper … not about a price tag.
- The world (external forms) will not bring you peace or contentment. Only internal peace can do that. Everything else is fleeting, impermanent.
- Strive to understand the world via experiences that serve as lasting catalysts for profound inner exploration.
- Whatever challenged you today may be a light in the dark one day.
- Where there is peace … there is joy.
- Thoughtful people are impossible to forget.
- Enjoy something beautiful each day. Create something beautiful each day. Imagine something beautiful each day.
- The wisest among us may never be known as such.
- Creative expression is the perfect antidote to boredom.
- Take yourself seriously only when you must.
- No one can rain on your parade, really.
- The wish of all poetry is to sing in a voice we recognize instantly.
- Believe in your spirituality — it is always yours.
- Ah, the great expanse of the spirit via luxurious words of poetry.
- So who wants a “hurry-up” life that is stretched beyond capacity?
- Become friendly with the invisible forces that dwell among us with such eloquence.
- Make peace the sky of your life.
- Healed relationships can heal the world.
- Grace is the result of spiritual realization.
- If you write from your soul, writing itself is a powerful reward.
- Begin where you left off.
- Ignore criticism — most of it is sadly self-serving.
- Pause. Listen. Breathe.
- The roots of peace are found in self-awareness, not external events.
- If uncertain, let the opportunity pass; letting go will open new doors.
- We don’t “find” wisdom, we become wisdom.
- Success is a conditioned mental concept of no relevance in spiritual terms.
- Bask in sunlight to brush away worry and doubt.
- We are all but shadows of time.
- Nature is forever creating wonderful things for us to look at and study — a never ending parade of miracles.
- Don’t be bored by silence, be inspired by it.
- The secret to life: sensing peace beneath chaos.
- Love life in all its many guises.
- Life is swift moving and always at risk.
- Spirituality is inner wisdom unveiled.
- May the light of day awaken in you.
- Kindred spirits are windows to the soul.
- Let your heart be guided by your inner wisdom that is universal in nature.
- This day is yours to imagine; where will you begin?
- Be the light you seek.
- Allow this day to be all good things.
- Through the pain of loss something divine can be gained.
- On the surface many things appear confusing, frustrating, annoying — can you go beyond self instead?
- Life challenges all of us to go beyond pain, to realize we are more than physical works of art: we are also spiritual works of art.
- Look beyond the moment to the depth and glory that lies within.
- Accepting loss is the ultimate challenge of the mortal path. Never gets much easier, but seems that it should. Alas, life and death are yin and yang … intertwined like twins.
- Life altering events change us forever, but slowly … as we evolve into more spiritual beings with every difficult transition.
- What is life? An awakening, a poetic adventure, an opportunity for love and discovering the splendor of a sunrise.
- In this world of time imagined and dreams untold, we must live fully during the present moment.
- Caring for others, including our pets, is caring for life.
- Good news can overwhelm me with feelings of infinite joy and peace.
- And I am reminded of the need to love without reservation because the day is never young. Rather, the day is always receding.
- What is your heart focused on today? Love is the greatest healer.
- A gentle darkness holds the promise of dawn.
- Poetry is the music of life in words.
- Poetry gives me a way to express ideas and emotions that hide in the shadows.
- My life is abundant in creative expression, joy, and gratitude.
- Begin with joy and peace and your life will reflect your inner wisdom.
- Color deepens aspects of life in ways mere letters can’t define.
- A gentle morning sky beckons.
- By staying centered–positive and peaceful–we become part of the solution.
- Supporting the aims and dreams of creative spirits is something I truly enjoy.
- I am grateful for peaceful attitudes.
- Let go of linear time, what do you find? Yourself.
- Today, be free of worry, and realize nothing is lost.
- There is peace in your heart … if you allow it.
- Each moment holds the promise of enlightenment.
- Be gentle with yourself, so you can be gentle with others.
- Believe in yourself — it illuminates all of humanity, gives expression to the divine within.
- Everyone you meet comes into your life for a reason. Enjoy a sense of discovery.
- Explore the light-filled rooms of your life.
- Believe in the journey — even the tiniest step can launch something amazing.
- The gift of a lifetime: knowing there is more to me than meets the eye.
- Celebrate life — on a routine basis, and definitely, when peace and joy come into focus.
- Discover within what can never be found otherwise.
- Consider yourself a winner at life — because you are. Give yourself your own respect, as well, and your acceptance.
- I will remain creative, inspired, and peaceful in contrast to the world of politics.
- Find the joy of life beyond superficial distinctions.
- I am grateful for our splendid planet, peaceful attitudes, creative and blissful spirits.
- Avoid drama, do your part, no matter how small, to bring a peaceful vibe into the world.
- May your evening be blessed with poetic dreams of joy.
- Take time to feel centered before writing — bring your mind into a peaceful place first.
- Peace is what arises when you let go of mind and let the Universe guide you.
- Forget everything you believe and then you can begin to “know” what is truly important.
- Autumn brings me closer to myself somehow.
- When you realize you know absolutely nothing, wisdom can take root.
- Today I am in awe of life and how it unfolds — like a divine masterpiece.
- Winter pulls me inward once more to create, to reflect, to renew my spirit.
- Autumn is a profound season, offering a glimpse of the many colors of life.
- Apples and autumn: a magical pair, a memory, a glimpse of love.
- When convinced you have nothing to learn, that’s when it’s surely time to seek out knowledge and wisdom.
- Move through life on the inspired wings of art.
- There must be a genuine willingness to see peace and to envision its true power.